I'm an amateur game developer. I'm currently a freshman at Case Western Reserve University, and I make games for fun.
I started making games a year ago and has had 7 games out (the latest one, "Speed Journey" , was for Ludum Dare 40, whose theme is "The more you have, the worse it is"). I have made 3 platformers, 1 flash game, 1 mobile game (for another math event), and 2 3D horror games (which are pretty similar to each other).
I am open to other genres of games and will make more complex games in the future. I am still practicing my coding skills, with Unity, and I am learning to make games in Unreal Engine as well.
As I like playing strategy games, puzzle. I like playing MOBA games such as League of Legends, Paladins, and the original Dota. I also like to discover and play games from itch.io, Steam, or gamejolt. As a college student, I don't have that much time to play games anymore, but I still watch people play games on Youtube frequently.
Please feel free to comment on my games. I would love to see your opinions on the game so that I can make better games in the future.
My five games on itch.io:
- Zoom - The Shape Shifter: A game I made in March 2017. It's a 2D platformer, adventure game, where the main character can resize himself to overcome all the obstacles in the maps. I made this game in a team of three people in a 1-day hackathon and a week post-hackathon.
- The Clown's Quest: An unfinished game I made in May 2017 . It's my first 3D horror game. In this game, the main character is trapped by an evil clown and has to find a way to escape. The game currently has two levels. In the first level, the player has to find a way to escape from a maze full of both fake and real clowns. The second level is a 3D platformer, in which the player has to jump on platforms to get to the final destination.
- The Devil's Number: A game I made in August 2017 for high school students in a math conference. It's a 3D horror game with a lot of jumpscares. The player has to use his or her memory and some math to find out the 3-digit devil's number in 10 turns. I reworked on the game in October 2017 as a Halloween game for my friends in college. The instructions for the game are not in the game right now, but can be found on the itch.io page for the game.
- Speed Journey: A game I made in December 2017 for Ludum Dare 40, a popular game jam. The theme for Ludum Dare 40 was "The more you have, the worse it is". The game is a 2D platformer, adventure, atmospheric game with the main character being a butterfly trying to save the goodness in rainbows. The game fits the Ludum Dare theme, "The more you have, the worse it is," because all the magical boosts that increase size, jump height, run speed, and fly speed make it harder for the main character to overcome the rainbow enemies. The game did not perform well at Ludum Dare jam section, but it was really fun for me to make this relaxing game the week before the final exams.
- Dual Nature: Final project game for the introductory computer game programming class at CWRU (EECS 290). A top down 2D “escort” style game where the user controls different elements of Mother Nature, each with additional or slightly altered attacks between levels, where the user’s objective is to protect a main character attempting to cross the map. My three teammates and I made this game in 6 weeks, coming up with the game idea, designing the graphics, and programming the attacks and movements in the game. I scripted the enemies' spawning and movements, as well as the music and sound effects in the game.